St Crone's Church
Saturday Evening Mass 7:00pm
Sunday Morning Mass 11:00am
Curate: Fr John Joe Duffy
Tel: 074 9520504
St Crone's Church is situated at the crossroads bordering the townlands of Illion and Ballintra.
In 1917, an extension was added to the church. Fr. John MacIntyre was curate in Arranmore at the time and he worked tirelessly to have the extension work completed. He paid meticulous attention to the renovation and construction of churches in each of the parishes he was sent to.
The parochial house was built in 1908 by Fr. Eddie Doherty.
The church on Arranmore also catered for the inhabitants of Inis Caorach – the last inhabitants left the island in 1955. During the days of the English penal laws, masses were held in secret at the site of mass rocks. There are three such sites on Arranmore; Ard an Aifrinn in Poll an Mhadaidh, Béal A’Chaisil in Goirt Gearra and Malaigh na hAltóra in Plochóg.